Monday, April 28, 2014

Happy 70th Birthday Neil Summers


Nicholas ‘Neil’ Summers was born on April 28, 1944 in Blackpool, Lancashire, England. His father Walter Summers was a champion bicycle rider and the family moved to Phoenix, Arizona when Neil was 14. He worked on TV’s ‘Gunsmoke’ from 1971-1974 as an extra and stuntman. “It’s all I’ve ever done for over forty years,” Summers said. “I grew up watching all the cowboys on TV. I just wanted to be a cowboy in the movies. I had no interest in staying inside. I started working as an extra and they eased me up.”
 
Neil played Snake River Rufus Krile in the 1972 film “The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean”. He was spotted by director Sergio Leone who hired him for the role of Squirrel in “My Name is Nobody” (1973). He quickly became friends with actor Terence Hill and has appeared in seven of Hill’s films and television series including “Lucky Luke” (1990) as Deputy Virgil and the TV series of the same name, “Troublemakers” (1994) as Dodge and Hill’s most recent TV westerns ‘Doc West’ and ‘Triggerman’ (2008).
 
Today Neil is still going strong as stunt coordinator on the TV series ‘Longmire’.
 
Today we celebrate Neil Summer’s 70th birthday.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Neal
    glad you healthy and still going strong. Happy late birthday. I hung around you on the movie sets as a kid with my mom Betty Immekus. would love to see you sometime. I am back in Tucson. Rae immekus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neal is currently living in Cornville, Arizona near Sedona with his wife Karen.

    ReplyDelete